|Board of Appeals Operations During COVID19 Pandemic|
Board of Appeals Online Petition Center
- Electronic Signatures: You must have a registered electronic signature (User ID and Password) to use the Online Petition Center. If you currently use e-TIDES, you can use the same electronic signature for the Online Petition Center. To obtain an electronic signature account, select Register for a New Account. If you are experiencing difficulties with your eSignature/eTIDES account, please contact the Customer Experience Center at 717-787-1064 or send an email to email@example.com.
- Submitting a Petition: To file an electronic petition, select Submit a Petition. You will be directed to fill out an online form with your appeal information and supporting evidence. To file a paper form via US mail, print the REV-65 form from the left menu and mail it to the address listed.
- Authorization to Represent: If you are a representative, you must provide a Power of Attorney form or a signed statement on the Petitioner's letterhead authorizing you to act on their behalf. The completed Power of Attorney form or Statement of Authorization may be mailed, faxed (717-787-7270) or scanned and sent electronically to the Board with your petition. If sending a Statement of Authorization, please include the confirmation number provided at the end of the online submission process. If the Statement of Authorization or Power of Attorney form is not submitted electronically with the petition, the Board of Appeals must receive the form within 15 days of the date the petition was filed.
- Corporate Officer Signature: Corporate Tax appeals must provide a Corporate Officer Signature Form with the petition. The completed Corporate Officer Signature form may be mailed, faxed or scanned and sent electronically to the Board with your petition.
- Evidence to be presented to the Board of Appeals: Evidence submitted with your petition may be sent electronically as file attachments or in paper form. Refer to the FAQs for a list of acceptable electronic file formats. Please be sure to reference the Board of Appeals Docket Number on any correspondence.
- Communications with the Board: Communications, including the Board’s Final Order, may be transmitted to you or your representative via e-mail by making the election on the petition form. NOTE: Electronic communications via email are unsecured. If you elect to receive communications via e-mail, you and your representatives assume the responsibility for the confidentiality of the information contained in the e-mails sent to and from the Board. The Commonwealth will not be held liable for the disclosure of any confidential information sent via e-mail.
- Download Tax Forms, Instructions and Publications: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader© to view or print the forms, instructions and publications in PDF format. Adobe Acrobat Reader© is available free of charge at Adobe's Web Site http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html.
|Board of Appeals Fiscal Year 20-21 Statistics|
|Tax Type||Cases Filed||Cases Closed|
|Motor Carrier Tax||48||42|
|Personal Income Tax||6307||6328|
|Property Tax / Rent Rebate||784||765|
|Realty Transfer Tax||1069||1406|
|Full or Partial Relief [including penalty abatement]:||52%|
|Average Turnaround Time:||70 Days|