Board of Appeals Online Petition Center
To submit a Petition form electronically follow these instructions:
- Electronic Signatures: You must have a registered electronic signature (User ID and Password) to use the Online Petition Center. If you currently use e-TIDES, you can use the same electronic signature for the Online Petition Center. To obtain an electronic signature account, select Register for a New Account. If you are experiencing difficulties with your eSignature/eTIDES account, please contact the Revenue eBusiness Unit at 717-783-6277 for business taxes, the E-Service Help Desk at 717-787-1392 for personal taxes, or email@example.com.
- Submitting a Petition: To file a Petition, select Submit a Petition. You will be directed to fill out an online form with your appeal information. The Board of Appeals is also now accepting petitions via FAX at (717)346-2011.
- Authorization to Represent: If you are a representative, you must provide a Power of Attorney form or a signed statement on the Petitioner's letterhead authorizing you to act on their behalf. The completed Power of Attorney form or Statement of Authorization may be mailed, faxed (717-787-7270) or scanned and sent electronically to the Board with your petition. If sending a Statement of Authorization, please include the confirmation number provided at the end of the online submission process. If the Statement of Authorization or Power of Attorney form is not submitted electronically with the petition, the Board of Appeals must receive the form within 15 days of the date the petition was filed.
- Corporate Officer Signature: Corporate Tax appeals must provide a Corporate Officer Signature Form with the petition. The completed Corporate Officer Signature form may be mailed, faxed or scanned and sent electronically to the Board with your petition.
- Evidence to be presented to the Board of Appeals: Evidence submitted with your petition may be sent electronically as file attachments or in paper form. Refer to the FAQs for a list of acceptable electronic file formats. Please be sure to reference the Board of Appeals Docket Number on any correspondence.
- Communications with the Board: Communications, including the Board’s Final Order, may be transmitted to you or your representative via e-mail by making the election on the petition form. NOTE: Electronic communications via email are unsecured. If you elect to receive communications via e-mail, you and your representatives assume the responsibility for the confidentiality of the information contained in the e-mails sent to and from the Board. The Commonwealth will not be held liable for the disclosure of any confidential information sent via e-mail.
- Download Tax Forms, Instructions and Publications: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader© Version 5.0 or greater to view or print the forms, instructions and publications in PDF format. Adobe Acrobat Reader© is available free of charge for DOS, Windows, Macintosh and Sun SPARC workstations at Adobe's Web Site http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/readstep.html.
Browser Compatibility Notes:
The Online Petition Center has been tested with: